[jp] Re: mail plugin using mail folder for in and out mails

Raider raider_ro at gmx.net
Thu Mar 6 18:51:34 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:11:31 +1300 Rod Boyce
<rod at boyce.net.nz> wrote:
> If you add this feature I request that you leave the smtp
> feature in as I use the smtp feature to send my mail from
> jPilot it do not want to have to stuff about with scripts
> and silly mailbox files to be able to send my mail.  I
> just press the send button in jPilot and it connects to my
> smtp server and sends the mail.  What can be simplier.

That is okay for you who probably have a direct connection
to the net.  Myself I have to connect to get online
(dialup).  Besides, that connection is quite expensive for
my budget.  Also, I use multiple accounts.  And if my mail
client would actually handle the mails I could change the
user via some filter before sending it off to its
destination.