[jp] NotePad

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Thu Mar 6 10:32:13 EST 2003

> The only thing to comment is that the notepad images might have some text
> associated with them.  And read-notepad seems to ignore that.

	Now now... you didn't read the --help output. Use -l to list them.

> Yes, you are right.  Hmm... or at least I think you are right.  I've seen
> it on a screen.  Never played with that app.  At home I don't have
> Windows.

	I tested it before I replied, just to be sure. Palm Desktop 4.0.1
here (the latest I could find on their site) with Notepad support only
allows Notepad entries to go from Palm to desktop, not from desktop to Palm,
and you can only delete them on the desktop, not modify any other attributes
or fields. It's WORM (Write Once, Read Many) in that respect.

> At that point jpilot would have everything Palm desktop has (ever more if
> you count the keyring plugin).

	Palm Desktop doesn't do Mail directly, at least not any version I've
ever used. Can Palm Desktop copy mail from the Inbox to the Outbox without a
connection, as you suggest?

d.