[jp] problems with palm m105

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Tue Mar 4 07:29:52 EST 2003

> Can someone advise me anything else? How to make the crashes go away?

	Hard-reset, then install _only_ the 4 key files for your 4 main
applications; DatebookDB.pdb, AddressDB.pdb, ToDoDB.pdb, and MemoDB.pdb. Run
with that for a few days and see if the crashes go away. Install _nothing_
else, no hacks, no third-party software, nothing.

	Then, if that works, install _ONE_ app at a time, and run with that
for a few days, and if that works, install another. Lather, rinse, repeat.

	I've seen reports of this happening over and over with some people,
who hard-reset, then reinstall all their apps again (and preferences), which
doesn't solve anything. Another reason I've seen crashes, is when people run
cracked or pirated software.

	Try that, and see if it stops the crashes.

d.