[jp] New "Web" menu in 0.99.5. Why?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Mar 2 19:54:39 EST 2003

For debian to NOT support a standard xterm seems to me to be going
toward the propietary model.

I agree with an earlier comment that the xterm should be a standard
interface, and then if the OS has specific needs it should handle the
interface in such a way as to handle the generic cross-platform method
of starting a terminal window appropriately.

It is unreasonable in an open software environment to expect each
developer to handle the specific API requirements of the OS.  It is easy
for the OS to have a standard API and handle their own requirements
behind the scenes for the user.

Even M$WormOS has several different versions, but all have a standard
API with  additional calls optional dependent upon the version being used.