[jp] New "Web" menu in 0.99.5. Why?

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Sat Mar 1 17:57:21 EST 2003

Hello,

I noticed the presence of the new menu "Web" on J-Pilot 0.99.5.
I don't find this menu very usefull and rather annoying.
I may remove the menu entry from the Debian packages unless someone
explain me why this menu is important.

My real concern is that under Debian the correct way to start a X
terminal emulator is to use x-terminal-emulator
(/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator which is a alternative for many X
terminal emulators) and not directly xterm. You may have a system
without xterm but with gnome-terminal for example.

So I have to either patch jpilot to use x-terminal-emulator instead of
xterm or remove the Web menu.

I would prefer to have a "Web" button in the J-Pilot "Help" dialog box.
The button could try to launch a browser until it finds one working.
Try mozilla, then galeon, then Konqueror, then lynx, etc.

Regards,

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau at free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le Camembert, L.R. --