[jp] calendar printing

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 10:39:10 EDT 2003

> Any idea(s) as to when printing of the calendar my be fixed?
>
> When I print out a monthly calendar, that as any entry, that should
> word-wrap, it doesn't.
>
> If I knew how to code, etc., I would help, but unfortunately, I'm not a
> coder, and this is the last item wanted before I drop ical.

I guess I'd better speak up as I wrote the current monthly calendar
printout code!

It was designed *not* to word-wrap, partly because it is easier to
code, but mainly because I often have half a dozen appointments on a
day. I also try and use descriptive text for appointments, with
something in the first few words to make it clear roughly what
something is. The result is that word-wrapping would (for me) make the
monthly printout *less* useable. I never really liked ical's habit of
changing the font size when it had to word-wrap...

So this is a feature request, rather than a bug-fix :-)

Anyway, I no longer have time to code stuff fresh. I still know my way
around the printing code pretty well, and I also have some postscript
code to do word-wrapping in the display routine if anyone wants to
pick it up. I'm happy to answer questions, point in the direction I'd
start looking if I was doing it myself...

Sorry I can't be of more help - maybe others are interested who can
code?

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk