[jp] mutt aliases and jpilot address book

hal King hck at utk.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:32:39 EDT 2003

I didn't get an attachment. Could you resend?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:52:31AM -0400, Jason Day wrote:
" On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:21:17AM -0400, David Williamson wrote:
" > Has anyone done any work doing something along the lines of getting the
" > jpilot address list's email addresses to be imported to the mutt aliases
" > file?
"
" This has been discussed here a few times in the past.  The attached
" shell script may be used to query the AddressDB.pdb file directly, which
" I find preferable to trying to keep yet another file in sync.  It
" wouldn't be hard to modify it to output an aliases file if you prefer,
" though.
"
" Edit the file and make sure the paths at the top are correct,
" and put it somewhere on your path.  Then add this line to your
" ~/.muttrc:
"
" set query_command="query_jpilot.sh '%s'"
"
" Restart mutt, and at any prompt for an address entry, hit ^T to query
" the AddressDB file with what you have typed.  See "4.5.  External
" Address Queries" in the mutt manual for more info.
"
" HTH,
" Jason
" --
" Jason Day                                       jasonday at
" http://jasonday.home.att.net                    worldnet dot att dot net
"
" "Of course I'm paranoid, everyone is trying to kill me."
"     -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9
" jpilot mailing list
" jpilot at jpilot.org