[jp] mutt aliases and jpilot address book

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 16 10:52:31 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:21:17AM -0400, David Williamson wrote:
> Has anyone done any work doing something along the lines of getting the
> jpilot address list's email addresses to be imported to the mutt aliases
> file?

This has been discussed here a few times in the past.  The attached
shell script may be used to query the AddressDB.pdb file directly, which
I find preferable to trying to keep yet another file in sync.  It
wouldn't be hard to modify it to output an aliases file if you prefer,
though.

Edit the file and make sure the paths at the top are correct,
and put it somewhere on your path.  Then add this line to your
~/.muttrc:

set query_command="query_jpilot.sh '%s'"

Restart mutt, and at any prompt for an address entry, hit ^T to query
the AddressDB file with what you have typed.  See "4.5.  External
Address Queries" in the mutt manual for more info.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9