[jp] Syncing troubles with RedHat 8.0

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Fri Jun 13 19:17:39 EDT 2003

> > Now I'm running RedHat 9, which works okay with jpilot, although on the
> > command line I still have to hit the hotsync button before typing
> > pilot-xfer.

> 	This is fixed in 0.11.8, and will appear when I release it.

	Wow, that came across wrong. Ok, what I meant to say was.. I've
added a sleep loop in pilot-link 0.11.8, which will repeatedly poll for the
existance of the USB device (max of 5 times before quitting), if you happen
to launch that (or J-Pilot) before hitting HotSync on your Palm. You can hit
them in any order and it will hook up and begin syncronizing. I've tested it
with the latest J-Pilot and it works fine.

d.