[jp] Syncing troubles with RedHat 8.0

Paul English tallpaul at speakeasy.org
Fri Jun 13 18:47:27 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Susan Lindsey wrote:

> lamia:~ <3> pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 --sync ~/.jpilot/
>
>    ERROR: No such device
>    Unable to bind to port '/dev/ttyUSB0'
>    Please use --help for more information
>
> lamia:~ <4> exit
> exit
>
> Script done on Fri Jun 13 13:46:29 2003
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes - try hitting the hotsync button on your clie before typing
pilot-xfer. Then someone will be listening and the transfer will work.

How this maps to jpilot, I'm not sure - doing that didn't seem to help
with jpilot.

Now I'm running RedHat 9, which works okay with jpilot, although on the
command line I still have to hit the hotsync button before typing
pilot-xfer.

Paul