[jp] usb-serial patch for Treo 90

Atul Chitnis lists at atulchitnis.net
Wed Jun 11 17:21:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> > Hi, I just got the usb-visor-rollup-2.4.20.patch. Can someone tell me how
> > to apply it?
>
> 	cd /your/linux/source/tree && cat patchfile | patch -p1

Additionally - if you are using any recent RedHat kernel (I am on
2.4.20-18.9), you may not have to use the patch at all. A friend of mine
has a Visor that would barf on RHL8. But recent krnel packages from Redhat
appear to have the patch rolled in, because he upgraded to the most recent
kernel package and his Visor just worked after that.

I'd check if your distro has a recent kernel update available (unless you
are, of course, running a hand-rolled kernel).

Atul

Atul Chitnis     | lists at atulchitnis.net
Bangalore, India | http://atulchitnis.net