[jp] Palm PPP How-to

Atul Chitnis lists at atulchitnis.net
Sun Jun 8 16:10:16 EDT 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, bob.snyder wrote:

> Many thanks for the work in creating the palm-ppp howto. I followed your
> easy instructions and it Just Worked. And the pizza's not even here yet!

Woah, that was fast - someone actually read and used it! Glad it worked
for you.

> Again thanks.. I used your script with no changes except for the DNS.

That's a bug, not a feature. I should be parsing /etc/resolv.conf and
getting that info. Next version. ;-)

> I'm off to look for network apps for hi-res. telnet, browsers, etc.

PocketLink works reasonably well, and it doesn't need a proxy. The Avantgo
client is also a fairly decent online browser. For telnet try Moacha
ptelnet (has ssh2 as well!) - it is both functional as well as hilarious
to work with! ;-)

Hmmm, given the capabilities of the Plucker PalmOS client, I wonder what
one can do to motivate the developers to take that one extra step of
adding online page fetch capabilities as well.... ;-)

Atul

Atul Chitnis     | lists at atulchitnis.net
Bangalore, India | http://atulchitnis.net