[jp] Palm PPP How-to

bob.snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sun Jun 8 12:54:50 EDT 2003

Atul,

Many thanks for the work in creating the palm-ppp howto. I followed your
easy instructions and it Just Worked. And the pizza's not even here yet!

My motivation for getting this going was to be able to do a network
hotsync. As some may remember, I've had trouble hotsyncing my Clie SJ-30
in the normal way. It takes numerous attempts of hitting the hotsync
button on the Clie and then hitting the sync button in Jpilot. Sometimes
it takes ten or more tries before getting the 'tweedle-dee'.

I've never had any other trouble using USB with the Clie. The ppp over
USB works fine so now I have a much better solution to hotsyncing - the
network hotsync works every time. I'd still like to find a solution to
the normal USB hotsync, but it's not such a pain now.

Again thanks.. I used your script with no changes except for the DNS.
I'm running Slackware 8.0 with upgraded kernel and lots of other changes.

I'm off to look for network apps for hi-res. telnet, browsers, etc.

Bob Snyder