[jp] Rudimentary plucker plugin available

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 8 09:15:30 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 02:37:11PM +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> Le samedi 07 juin 2003 ? 22:45:56, Jason Day a ?crit:
> > Also, I've patched J-Pilot so that it automagically starts a sync when I
> > press the sync button on the cradle.
>
> Is your patch available somewhere? Will it be officially included in J-Pilot
> (with a compilation option is it is problematic)?

I sent it to the list:
http://lists.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2002-December/001292.html

I don't think a configure option is necessary though; this patch just
adds a new command-line option to jpilot.  If you call "jpilot -s" it
signals the jpilot process to initiate a sync.  I use hotplug to call
"jpilot -s" when I press the sync button on the cradle.

> > Also on the todo list is to first retrieve the db info from the palm for
> > each file to be installed, and only install it if the mode time for the
> > local file is newer than on the palm.
>
> Why not. But if the .pdb files are removed after sync the new ones will
> be newer by construction (since they where not present after last sync).

I think it's a best-of-both-worlds kinda thing.  If you don't want to
delete the files after installing, then they won't get installed again
unless they're newer.

> Thanks very much.

You're very welcome :)

Jason