[jp] Rudimentary plucker plugin available

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Sun Jun 8 08:37:11 EDT 2003

Le samedi 07 juin 2003 à 22:45:56, Jason Day a écrit:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:31:18PM +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> > Suggestions:
> > 1. use plugin_pre_sync_pre_connect() instead of plugin_pre_sync() as Judd
> >   just included this in CVS
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't see the point of this.
> In order for this to work correctly, you would have to press the Sync
> button on J-Pilot, wait for all the plugin_pre_sync_pre_connect() calls
> to finish, then press the sync button on the cradle.  You can't initiate
> a connection between the palm and the desktop before this, because the
> connection will likely timeout.  I think it's much cleaner to just click
> the "Run Distiller" button.

Yes but you will have to click on two buttons "Run Distiller" and
"Sync".

> Also, I've patched J-Pilot so that it automagically starts a sync when I
> press the sync button on the cradle.

Is your patch available somewhere? Will it be officially included in J-Pilot
(with a compilation option is it is problematic)?

> Having said that, I can make this a configure option, though.

Perfect. So I can leave the Palm connected during fetch with my serial
craddle on my desktop and connect only when needed when using an IrDA
connection on my laptop.

> Also on the todo list is to first retrieve the db info from the palm for
> each file to be installed, and only install it if the mode time for the
> local file is newer than on the palm.

Why not. But if the .pdb files are removed after sync the new ones will
be newer by construction (since they where not present after last sync).

> I could certainly make a more generic jpilot-script plugin, though, if
> people are interested.

Not needed I think. Just document that jpilot-plucker can also be used
for starting any scripts.

Thanks very much.

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau at free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --