[jp] jpilot stopped syncing

Paul English tallpaul at speakeasy.org
Thu Jun 5 19:26:50 EDT 2003

Jpilot "all of a sudden" stopped synchronizing for me. I put that in
quotes because I was trying to get my girlfriend's m505 to sync on the
same machine using a USB hub.

I'm using jpilot 0.99.5 and a Visor Platinum which has been syncing for
quite some time just fine using USB. I sync using /dev/ttyUSB1, which it
also appears is what the m505 would like to use.

pilot-xfer works just fine with both pilots - so long as I hit hotsync on
the device first then type pilot-xfer. Otherwise it can't find the port.

But when I try to sync with jpilot, it just hangs there saying "press the
hotsync button."

I'm thinking of just wiping the whole linux install and upgrading to
Redhat 9, since I was considering making that upgrade anyway. That way I
can upgrade to the latest pilot-link from my current 0.9.5-pre3 and do a
fresh install of jpilot.

Does anyone have any less dramatic suggestions?

Paul