[jp] Finishing the DateBk5 installation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 5 19:23:29 EDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Judd Montgomery wrote:

> If you read the Datebk docs you can edit these by hand to change any
> Datebk specific things that J-Pilot doesn't support.

Judd,

  Many thanks. I realized that there is so much to learn I printed the
manual and will spend this evening reading it. Then I can ask an intelligent
question. :-)

> I think this is about all I support right now.  I have some code for B&W
> icons that I never added.  If everyone wants more Datebk support from me
> then email the author and ask him to give me a copy to test with.

  I'll do that when I send him a check for the software.

  Now, ... the only thing I need to do to make me _completely_ happy with my
Kyocera is figure out how to use it as a modem to connect to my shell
account at my ISP so I can ssh to my network from my notebook when I'm on
the road. I got to the point where I could dial (using ppp-chat), but the
connection was instantly dropped by the ISP's end.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/