[jp] Finishing the DateBk5 installation

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Thu Jun 5 19:03:14 EDT 2003

Rich,

Try making a "floating appointment" in Datebk5.  A floating appointment
is kind of like a todo.  This will show up in J-Pilot with a circle
icon, like it does in DateBk5.  You can check the circle, like you can
check-off a todo item.  It will appear everyday until you check it off
in J-Pilot, or Datebk5.  On the right side there are DateBk tags.  If
you read the Datebk docs you can edit these by hand to change any Datebk
specific things that J-Pilot doesn't support.  This is a stop-gap
(better than nothing).

On the left side there is a Cats button.  You can put appointments in
categories and show any combination of categories at a time on the Palm
and J-Pilot.  The categories have to be added by hand in the tags entry
or in the palm for now.

I think this is about all I support right now.  I have some code for B&W
icons that I never added.  If everyone wants more Datebk support from me
then email the author and ask him to give me a copy to test with.

Judd