[jp] Sync Calender with evolution

Matthew Weier O'Phinney matthew at weierophinney.net
Tue Jun 3 07:44:39 EDT 2003

-- Kiggundu Mukasa <kiggundu at kym.net> wrote
(on Tuesday, 03 June 2003, 09:35 AM +0300):
> I have JPilot working fine.  I use KDE and SuSE 8.1
> In evolution when I try to go to Pilot Settings I get the error that
> "The GNOME Pilot tools do not appear to be installed on this system"
>
> I have tired to install all gnome tools but to no avail.
>
> Since JPIlot is working fine, can I link it and get my calendar to sync with
> the evolution one?

You can export your jpilot-synced calendar to vcal, and then import that
to evolution; however, it's a pain, and after a number of syncs you end
up cleaning up more than you do syncing.

Two options that I can think of:

(1) Ditch evolution's calendar functionality, and use jpilot instead
(2) Install gnome-pilot-conduits and make sure that jpilot isn't running
    when you sync. This usually ends up meaning that you won't be using
    jpilot, as the gnome conduits tend to take over.

Others will be more helpful; I ditched evolution around a year ago and
now use jpilot as my PIM, and mutt as my mailer.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net
http://matthew.weierophinney.net