[jp] Plugin for executing scripts

Nicholas Piper nick-moongroup at nickpiper.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 17:45:03 EDT 2003

Ludovic,

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> If plugin_pre_sync() is called before the Palm is connected we will also
> solve the problem of batterie usage: power on the Palm _only_ when
> J-Pilot is ready to sync.

> The patch I propose is simple: just move the "pre_sync plugin" piece of
> code at the start of jp_sync() in sync.c.
> My question is: will it break existing plugins?

Judd would know more, but I doubt it would to be honest. pre_sync()
code can't talk to the palm, as it wouldn't have a socket descriptor
to talk over yet...

If I remember correctly, plugin_pre_sync() used to be called when
jpilot started, and I asked Judd to move it to be called just before
the sync. Calling it just before connecting to the palm would make
sense, yes.

 Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F