[jp] Plugin for executing scripts

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Sun Jun 1 17:11:27 EDT 2003

Le dimanche 01 juin 2003 à 20:05:15, Nicholas Piper a écrit:
> You could put things in the plugin_setup() (or however it is named, I
> forget.) That would run when jpilot starts, maybe that is too early
> for you though.

Yes, a bit too early :-). I do not restart jpilot except when I reboot
the computer.

> If you use jpilot-sync to do your syncing (rather than the button in
> jpilot's GUI) it might be better suited, as it would run when
> jpilot-sync is first started.

Maybe. But I only use the Sync button and don't really want to start a
command line.

If plugin_pre_sync() is called before the Palm is connected we will also
solve the problem of batterie usage: power on the Palm _only_ when
J-Pilot is ready to sync.

The patch I propose is simple: just move the "pre_sync plugin" piece of
code at the start of jp_sync() in sync.c.
My question is: will it break existing plugins?

Regards,

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau at free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --