[jp] Network sync?

Nicholas Piper nick-moongroup at nickpiper.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 11:22:32 EDT 2003

Atul,

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> I came across this:

> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Wireless-Sync-HOWTO

> that seems to imply that one can do a network sync with jpilot (or
> pilot-link).
>
> However, this doesnt seem to work for me, which makes me believe I either
> did something wrong, or something has changed.

I always use network sync.

Which part isn't working for you ? In summary, I have a pppd listen
for the palm (hacked pppd to work better over USB) and I have jpilot
listen on "net:". I hit the hotsync hard button on my cradle, which
runs a stub app I wrote which does a network-sync instead of a
standard sync (otherwise, the hard button only ever does standard
sync, and you have to go to the hotsync app and click "modem sync"
manually.)

Both my stub, and the tiny pppd hack will be on the web soon, but I
can send you things if you want them.

I'm not familiar with that HOWTO document, but if you tell me specific
things that are failing I can probably help.

 Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F