[jp] Plugin for executing scripts

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Sun Jun 1 12:32:22 EDT 2003

Le mardi 20 mai 2003 à 17:10:27, Judd Montgomery a écrit:
> Here is a quick hack.
>
> http://www.jpilot.org/testing/
>
> Get Script.tar.gz  Put it under the jpilot directory, edit the makefile,
> make, and put script.so in ~/.jpilot/plugins/
>
> plugin_startup and plugin_pre_sync are where you can put in a system
> call for a quick hack.

Unfortunately plugin_pre_sync() is called too late. The function
is called AFTER the sync with the Palm has just started.
And since my script is a bit time consuming the Palm timeouts and the
sync break.

Would it be possible that jpilot calls plugin_pre_sync() really _before_
the sync (for example just after clicking on the Sync button)?
Would this change affect some plugins that want to talk to the Palm
duging plugin_pre_sync()? If this is the case can I suggest a
plugin_pre_pre_sync() or something similar?

Bye,

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau at free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --