[jp] Re: where to get OS 5 USB codes to put to visor.o?

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at acm.org
Wed Jan 29 19:27:26 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 06:53 pm, Ivan Teliatnikov wrote:
> Where can I find Palm OS 5 USB codes to put to visor.o. I am sorry of my
> ignorance, but could you be more specific please.

Look in /var/log/messages when you press the hot sync on your Palm.

You will see something like this:
Jan 29 18:48:12 BigGuy2 /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup visor for USB product
830/60/100

830 is the Palm vendor code and 60 is the Tungsten ID.

Note that you may have to edit your /etc/sysconfig/usb file to add the line
"VISOR=yes".

Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm.nospam.org
   http://home.attbi.com/~7lauzon

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   RIAA, MPAA: "Keep your grubby laws off my computer."

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandrake Linux 9.0