[jp] Strange character codes

Mats Lidell matsl at contactor.se
Tue Dec 30 03:49:56 EST 2003

Hi,

Just switched to Fedora and now I'm getting strange character
codes. It has probably something to do with the locales. I now have
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and I don't think that was the case before.

(I tried the simple minded export LANG=C before starting jpilot, that
has helped with other apps before, but with no luck this time.)

For example I get these types of warnings.

** (jpilot:21521): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

Some characters doesn't show or are displayed in strange ways. What is
really odd is that it is different for different windows inside of
jpilot. Example. I have a todo-item with this text:

        Skriv tidrapport för dagen
                          ^
Notice this character.....|

In the task-list it is just displayed as:

        Skriv tidrapport f

So it is truncated at the offending character. But in the detailed (or
input) window it is displayed in full. So the same text is displayed
differently depending on where it is displayed.

Yours
--
%% Mats