USB questions

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Oct 2 21:29:52 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 11:17, Jason Day wrote:
> Hi Florin,
>
> On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:57:21PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> [...]
> > What's the usability of the USB sync interface with jpilot and Visor
> > Prism? Any special problems you are aware of?
>
> I've been using a visor platinum with USB cradle for almost two years now.
> The only problem I've noticed is that the USB hardware on some Athlon
> motherboards is a little flaky, but otherwise it works great.

Thanks Jason, it works.

I created /dev/pilot as a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB1
I added this line to /etc/modules.conf, to avoid running "modprobe
visor":

alias char-major-188 visor

Now i press the sync button on the craddle, then click on Backup in
JPilot, and it just works.
I configured the maximum available speed in JPilot. Seems to be ok.

I love this application. :-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/