[jp] Palm Sync with Jpilot & Evolution

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 26 04:35:41 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Johan Vromans wrote:

> James John <jamesjj at useoz.com> writes:
>
> > With JPilot, after you have pressed the Sync button on the cradle,
> > you have to wait at least 3 secs before you press the Sync button on
> > Jpilot for a connection to be made.
>
> Surprising. I always press JPilot's Sync button, and then press the
> hotsync button on the cradle when JPilot asks for it.
>
> ASAIK, evolution uses the gnome pilot deamon to do the syncing. This
> means that the sync should be automatically initiated when you press
> the hotsync button on the cradle.

I have the same issue with my sony clie.

I currently use hotplug to sleep 8 seconds before running jpilot-sync,
which seems to work *most* of the time.

When I tried evolution, I found the pilot daemon occasionally
works, as I think it polls every couple of seconds, and sometimes it is
ok. Mostly it triggers after visor.o loads, but before the clie is
syncable, and then it just sits there.

Rob