[jp] Trouble syncing Sony Clie T665

Susan Lindsey lindsey at sdsc.edu
Tue Nov 19 13:17:07 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm attempting to sync my brand new Sony Clie T665 with jpilot after having
used it with my Palm Vx for the last year.  And I'm running into problems.
I'm using Red Hat 2.4 on my linux box.

Basically neither device, computer or clie, seems to know the other
is there or I get the following error message:

 Syncing on device /dev/ttyUSB1
 Press the HotSync button now
pi_bind Illegal seek
Check your serial port and settings

What I've done:

- Not having root privileges on my machine I compiled and installed j-pilot 0.99.3 and
pilot-link 0.11.5 into a local directory.
- amended $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to new /lib directory
- changed the Preferences->Serial Port setting to /dev/ttyUSB1.
- Checked for any lingering jpilot daemons and found none.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Susan
--
"A computer without Windows is like a cake without mustard."
9500 Gilman Drive                  Email: lindsey at sdsc.edu
La Jolla, CA 92093-0527            URL:   www.sdsc.edu/~lindsey